New York death metal veterans Suffocation are among the inductees for this year’s class of the Long Island Music Hall Of Fame. Twisted Sister frontman Dee Snider will receive the Harry Chapin Award at the event, which will be held on October 18th at The Paramount in Huntington, New York. Snider will also perform selections from his Dee Does Broadway album.
The fourth induction class will include:
* 2012 Harry Chapin Award recipient and previous Long Island Music Hall Of Fame inductee Dee Snider of Twisted Sister
* Classic rock band, Barnaby Bye
* The Lovin’ Spoonful’s Joe Butler and Steve Boone
* Singer, Taylor Dayne
* Songwriter, Ervin Drake
* Concert Security Systems, Inc. and founder Ira Maltz
* Songwriter, Ellie Greenwich
* Jones Beach Theater
* Classical composer, Leo Kraft
* Musicians from the Shinnecock Indian Nation
* Metal band, Suffocation
* Walk-FM radio
* Jazz pianist, Randy Weston
* Progressive rock band, Zebra
Long Island Music Hall Of Fame will also honor 2011 Music Educator Of The Year, Robert W. Kreuger.
Tickets are on sale now for the Long Island Music Hall Of Fame’s Fourth Induction Award Ceremony and Fundraising Gala. General seating tickets for the October 18 Fundraising Gala are $50 and $75, and are available through The Paramount box office at 631-673-7300 or online at ParamountNY.com. Premium VIP seating is available, to include full dinner and show.